Do you think your Business website is running on proper speed? More than 67% websites worldwide are running in a low speed. Main reasons behind this poor performance are cheap or low grade web hosting, heavy script and not using a CDN. But still you can boost your website speed by few basic steps of speed optimization.
16 Must Know Facts For Speed Optimization
- Use a good quality web hosting like Blue Host.
- Add an Expires header
- Always define image height/width
- Try to reduce HTTP Requests
- Always reduce color depth of all images
- Avoid CSS expressions
- Put CSS at the top
- Make AJAX cacheable
- Reduce DNS lookups
- Avoid 404s and put proper redirection or canonical them properly.
- Remove duplicate scripts
- Use CSS sprites for combining UI images
- Gzip components
- Put script at the footer except Google analytics and other must needed scripts in the header.
- Use a Content Delivery network(CDN).
If you prefer to use a CDN, I would recommend Max CDN, it is one of the most affordable and premium class CDN available. Learn more about MaxCDN