My today’s article is on effective ways of search engine optimization. In this article I am going to talk about 16 most effective search engine optimization tips.
Search engine optimization or SEO is a vibrant industry, where you need to keep your eyes open, all the time. You know why right?
Just to give you an friendly reminder, if you miss any on page or off page SEO factors, your competitor is surely going to take advantage of that.
So, if you want to be with the trend, you need to know about all the factors of SEO, from onpage factors, to user experience, link building and many more other facts.
16 Effective Search Engine Optimization Tips For 2017
1. Website Layout and architecture:
For the best practice of effective search engine optimization, first thing you must consider improving is your website’s layout and architecture. Try following these rules for the best results.
- Your content should be clear and upfront
- Don’t use ads above your top fold
- Use proper content hierarchy
- Practice using proper navigation
- Make all your affiliate links no-follow
- Use SEO friendly Url structure
- Use visible contact info
- Include a about me page to build trust.
2. Keyword Research:
If you believe content is KING, then reseaching keywords properly is the heart of it. Do you practice following rules?
- Wisely choose your keywords
- Focus on a primary keyword per page.
- Check title competition on Google (allintitle:best dslr camera)
- Find your competitors keywords and steal them 🙂 . Matthew Woodward can best help you on that.
- Keep track of your Click-through rate (CTR)
3. Title Tags Optimization:
When visitors search on Google, the first thing they see is your SEO title or the title tag. So optimizing title tag is one of the most effective SEO practice. Follow these rules properly.
- Load your keywords at the beginning of your title
- Avoid Truncation
- Make your title clickable
- Focus on your brand, add it on the end of your title
- Don’t repeat keywords.
- Make it short and sweet. Try to keep under 60 characters.
Title tag formula: Primary Keyword | Secondary Keyword | Brand Name
4. Meta Description:
Meta description is another most effective seo factors you should consider to attract more organic visitors. Try to maintain following guidelines.
- Write it properly and show zero tolerance to duplicacy
- Try to use main keyword at the beginning or as soon as possible.
- Keep it within 150-60 characters.
5. Header Tags Optimization:
Header tags (H1, H2, H3…) are still very effective Search Engine Optimization factors. Follow these rules for the best results:
- Make your title on H1 Tag
- Highlight LSI keywords with H2 or H3 tags
- Use H3/H4 on other important part of your webpage.
6. The King: Content
Content is still the highest priority for ranking higher on search engine. So here are some great ways of optimizing your content properly.
- Write 100% unique content
- Write long content (2000+ words)
- Make it user friendly
- Don’t write on SEO perspective.
- Forget about keyword density.
- Add internal and useful external links
- Use LSI keywords where applicable.
- Incorporate structured data
7. User Experience:
In recent years user experience has become one of the most important SEO factors. Here is a good read on the connection between user experience and SEO from Inc.com. follow these effective Search Engine Optimization tips to improve user experience.
- Lessen your bounce rate.
- Avoid lots of pop-ups.
- Make website responsive.
- Improve loading time on both web and smartphone version
- Use SSL
- Use custom 404 page
8. Google Search Console:
Google search console, formerly known as Google webmaster is a very effective tool you can use to improve SEO.
- Regularly check for hack or malware attacks
- Submit proper sitemap
- Regularly check for crawl errors
- Take care of pages with most impressions
9. Google Analytics:
Make proper use of Google analytics for improving your serp position.
- Keep track of your visitors
- Focus on demography and behavior
- Improve bounce rate and number of page visit
- Monitor landing pages
10. Website speed optimization:
Loading time or the website speed is a most effective search engine optimization factor. Use Google PageSpeed Insights tool for checking your website speed.
- Minify CSS
- Avoid using Flash
- Use lighter images
- Use content delivery network (CDN)
11. Image optimization:
Image plays an important role in improving the SEO value of your website. Try to practice following rules for the best results.
- Add keyword in the Alt tag. (Must be relevant)
- Use proper description of the image
- Compress file size for faster loading
12. Link Building:
Most of the SEO professionals hate backlinks. But do you think you can rank higher without backlinks? No you can’t.
Follow these SEO best practices:
- Get links from Authorities
- Collect links from like minded sites (relevant)
- Always try to get contextual backlinks
- Diversify anchor
- Use branded anchor texts
- Steal competitors backlinks
13. The Power of Social Media:
Social media is a major factor in effective search engine optimization. You can’t deny the power of social signals in ranking on search engines like Google.
Follow these Social Media best practices:
- Make your brand on social media
- Be active on popular social platforms.
- Encourage fans to share your content
- Go for paid promotion
- Use rich pins
- Setup Twitter Card
14. Google Penalty Recovery:
Google penalty recovery is a pretty tough job, even for a expert SEO.
Follow these Google penalty recovery best practices:
- Regularly monitor traffic drops
- Get rid of thin contents
- Disavow bad links
- Check for haking and link injection
- Consult with a experienced SEO professional
15. Content Promotion:
Content promotion best practices:
- Find popular and engaging content in your industry and improve it
- Make more shareable assets like infographics.
- Share and link to valuable contents from experts in your niche
- Outreach through email
16. General tips and Advice:
- Read, Read and Read
- Get updated through SEO blogs like Search Engine Land, Search Engine Watch and Hostiee.
- Be patient
- Avoid bad practices
- Never spam
16 Most Effective SEO Tips to Remember [Infographic]
This infographic was first published on dilate.com.au
Thanks a lot for reading this 16 most effective tips for search engine optimization. Please don’t forget to share this article with your friends and like minded people.